One of the biggest and most famous event of the province of Parma: November Pork.
The November Pork has the lucky to be in one of the most fascinating place of Emilia Romagna, the so called “Bassa Parmense” that is between river Po and Emilia Street, bounded on the east from Enza and on the west from Ongina.
This part of the province has an ancient history connected to Maria Luigia of Austria, the Rossi family, the Pallavicino Family and to other famous families which created wonderful castles.
I love to walk along the river Po especially with the fog. It creates a magic and ancient atmosphere.
This year the involved cities are:
- Sissa from the 4th of November to the 6th of November
- Polesine Parmense from the 11th to the 13th of November
- Zibello from the 18th to the 20th of November
- Roccabianca from the 25th to the 28th of November
You can find local products such as Culatello, Parmigiano Reggiano, Culaccia, Strolghino, wine, beer, street food and a lot more. You can organize visits with the local producers that will show you where they create their wonderful food. You will have the possibility to taste and to buy.
How to reach the November Pork:
- motorway A1 (Milano/Bologna) exit Fidenza, direction: Soragna – Zibello – Polesine Parmense
- motorway A1 (Milano Bologna) exit Fiorenzuola, direction: Cortemaggiore – Busseto – Polesine Parmense
- motorway A21 (Piacenza/Cremona/Brescia) exit Castelvetro Piacentino, direction: Busseto – Polesine Parmense